|RESEARCH LIBRARY||TEACHING MATERIALS||SLIDE DECKS AND PRESENTATIONS|
|CORPORATE CSR PRACTICES||USEFUL LINKS|
Below are some examples of CSR Practices on shared value, BOP engagement and social innovation.
CASE STUDY 1: Tetra Pak Pakistan’s Dairy Development Program (Pakistan)
Partnership with the local community to create a sustainable network of dairy
COMPANY CAPABILITY: TetRa Pak specializes in providing safe and packaged products
COMMUNITY CAPABILITY: Pakistan is the third’s world largest producer of milk, but wastage at source is 40% of total production
TETRA PAK PROJECT: Dairy Development Program—which formed a community dairy hub
- Each Dairy Hub encompasses about 800 small farmers from 20 villages.
- Milk processing companies establish Village Milk Collection points—managed and operated by the local community
- Tetra Pak’s support: mechanized milking machines; farm supplies for animal welfare and feeds; veterinary clinics.
- The first (Engro’s) Dairy Hub’s milk collection increased from 400 litres to 8,500 litres per day
- As of 2010, Tetra Pak reported that about 27,000 farmers have directly benefited and productivity of 90,000 animals
CASE STUDY 2: The Express Group’s Driver Partnership Program (Indonesia)
Companies could also devise partnership models that will increase the productivity of its employees and boost their morale.
COMPANY BACKGROUND: Express Group is a taxi company in Indonesia
COMPANY ASSET: Express Group has a large pool of drivers. CEO wants to develop a corporate strategy to help its employees increase their income.
EXPRESS PROJECT: Driver Partnership Program
- The Express Group acts as a facilitator and guarantor for the drivers (to purchase the taxis), as well as a knowledge provider for trainings.
- Employees could own their taxi only after 6-7 years
- Increasing number of taxi drivers
- From 3138 cars in 2009 to 6,000 cars in 2011.
CASE STUDY 3: Smart Philippines’ Smart Island Activation, Panalo Phone and Barangay Phone
Special retail programs could be created that will develop the entrepreneurial spirit BOP.
COMPANY BACKGROUND: Smart Philippines is a telecom service provider.
COMPANY ASSET: Smart is the leading wireless services provider with 49.0 million subscribers (as of Dec 2011)
COMMUNITY NEED: Affordable mobile phone and cheap telecom service
SMART PROJECTS THROUGH TALK 'N TEXT BRAND
- Panalo Phone (Winner Phone) is a complete phone package that only costs PhP 499 or USD 11.60
The Talk ‘N Text Barangay Phone that functions as a payphone for shared community use of the DE socio-eco class. It provides low cash out (USD 0.069) and lowest per minute call at USD 0.023 versus USD 0.186 via landline, and USD 0.128 via regular mobile phones.